Home School Agreement
The Home – School Agreement is a document which shows we are all working together in partnership for the good of the children. We will ask you and your child to sign this when they start, and for you to explain it to them.
- Work to sort out any problems that may arise, (behavioural, educational or social.)
- Encourage our children to grow into responsible members of our school and local community.
- Encourage each child to respect and keep the school rules.
- Support children’s learning to help each individual achieve their best.
- Celebrate children’s achievements in and out of school.
- Recognise the importance of regular attendance and punctuality.
- Work to combat racism and sexism.
- Work against bullying.
- Provide an environment conducive for learning.
- Encourage all children to achieve their best in all aspects of development – behaviour, social skills and learning.
- Contact parents/guardians if there is a problem with attendance, punctuality or behaviour.
- Inform parents/guardians of any concerns or problems that affect their child’s work and learning.
- Set, mark and monitor homework, in accordance with John Stainer’s policies.
- Arrange parents’ evenings and send home written reports.
- Keep parents informed about school activities through regular newsletters/notices and give adequate notice of meetings.
- Encourage children to take care of their surroundings and others around them.
- Encourage children to keep to school rules.
- Ensure that we always follow the agreed safeguarding procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children at all times.
- Ensure that my child attends school regularly and provide an explanation if my child is absent.
- Ensure that my child arrives at school on time ie before 9.00 a.m
- Ensure punctuality in collecting my child at the end of the school day. i.e 3.15 p.m. and inform school of alternative arrangements if necessary.
- Let the school know promptly about any concerns or problems that may affect my child’s work or behaviour.
- Support my child in homework and other opportunities for home learning, in accordance with JohnStainerSchool’s homework policy.
- Attend parents’ evenings and discussions about my child’s progress.
- Get to know about my child’s life at the school.
- Support my child to be tidy in appearance and wear agreed school uniform.
- Support the policies of the school.
- Ensure my child takes PE and swimming kit to school as appropriate.
- Follow the established procedure to voice concerns.
- Be a good role model for my child and other pupils.
- Follow the school rules and be responsible for my behaviour.
- Be polite and helpful.
- Be kind and considerate to others both in the classroom and in the playground.
- Take care of the school and everything in it.
- Listen to what is being said to me.
- Work hard and allow everyone else to do so too
- Wear proper uniform at all times