Home School Agreement
The Home – School Agreement is a document which shows we are all working for the good of the children, and all parents and pupils are expected to adhere to these principles.
- Work to sort out any problems that may arise, (behavioural, educational or social.)
- Encourage our children to grow into responsible members of our school and local community.
- Encourage each child to respect and keep the school rules.
- Support children’s learning to help each individual achieve their best.
- Celebrate children’s achievements in and out of school.
- Recognise the importance of regular attendance and punctuality.
- Work to combat racism and sexism.
- Work against bullying.
- Provide an environment conducive for learning.
- Encourage all children to achieve their best in all aspects of development – behaviour, social skills and learning.
- Contact parents/guardians if there is a problem with attendance, punctuality or behaviour.
- Inform parents/guardians of any concerns or problems that affect their child’s work and learning.
- Set, mark and monitor homework, in accordance with John Stainer’s policies.
- Arrange parents’ evenings and send home written reports.
- Keep parents informed about school activities through regular newsletters/notices and give adequate notice of meetings.
- Encourage children to take care of their surroundings and others around them.
- Encourage children to keep to school rules.
- Ensure that we always follow the agreed safeguarding procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children at all times.
- Ensure that my child attends school regularly and provide an explanation if my child is absent.
- Ensure that my child arrives at school on time ie before 9.00 a.m
- Ensure punctuality in collecting my child at the end of the school day. i.e 3.15 p.m. and inform school of alternative arrangements if necessary.
- Let the school know promptly about any concerns or problems that may affect my child’s work or behaviour.
- Support my child in homework and other opportunities for home learning, in accordance with JohnStainerSchool’s homework policy.
- Attend parents’ evenings and discussions about my child’s progress.
- Get to know about my child’s life at the school.
- Support my child to be tidy in appearance and wear agreed school uniform.
- Support the policies of the school.
- Ensure my child takes PE and swimming kit to school as appropriate.
- Follow the established procedure to voice concerns.
- Be a good role model for my child and other pupils.
- Follow the school rules and be responsible for my behaviour.
- Be polite and helpful.
- Be kind and considerate to others both in the classroom and in the playground.
- Take care of the school and everything in it.
- Listen to what is being said to me.
- Work hard and allow everyone else to do so too
- Wear proper uniform at all times